INNOVATION IN SCIENCE PURSUIT FOR RESEARCH (INSPIRE)
|BRIEF INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE SCHEME|
Flagship programme developed by DST(GOI) to foster a creative culture and innovative thinking among children to address the societal needs through Science and Technology,. The scheme initially launched in 2010-11 but has been modified in collaboration with NIF in 2016, India to keep it in line with the “Start up India” initiative with the name” INSPIRE awards – MANAK Scheme
|OPERATIONALIZATION OF INSPIRE AWARDS - MANAK|
One million original ideas from school children in age group of 10 to 15 years(Classes 6-10).
Shortlisted ideas=100000 based on innovation, creativity and novelty of project as per synopsis and for each idea Rs. 5000/= will be awarded to develop prototype, models or charts on the ideas and to be competed at DLEPC
10,000 will be selected for competition at SLEPC
1000 will be selected for competition at NLEPC and an amount Rs. 20000/= will be provided for improvement to compete at NLEPC.
Support by IITs, NITs in coordination with NIF at state level
Finally 60 models will be selected at NLEPC
- Award Money of Rs. 5000/= was being sanctioned on the basis
of nominations made by schools. But now NIF sanctions awards
after Screening based on innovation, creation and novelty of
project submitted by the schools.
- Idea competitions at School Level after exposure of children to
- Select two to three best original ideas and prepare project
- A student can submit many entries as he or she wishes
- Photographs, videos, sketches of idea/innovation/project will
help experts in short listing.
- Schools having Upper Primary classes can nominate 3 students
and having Secondary and Higher Secondary classes can
nominate 5 students.
- Inspire Award Scheme MANAK a portal available online to submit the students data for registration along with IDEAS/ PROJECT DETAILS. Thereby selected by the NIF members.
- On selection each selected candidate gets award of Rs. 5000/-
|PROCEDURE OF MANAK|
- School will organize idea competition programme and select 2 students in the age group of 10 to 15 yrs in standard 6th to 10th and upload nomination on DST website
- DNO (DIET office) will certify particulars and forward online data to the State Nodal Officer (Sectt.)
- State Nodal officer submits the same data to the DST (Dapertment of Science & Technology) , GOI. (NIF) National Innovative Federation, a NGO whose role is to select the innovatiove ideas/ projects at Distt. Level, State Level and National Level.
|STATUS OF SCHEME IN JAMMU DIVISION|
DNOs are orientating teachers/HOIs /CRPs /ZRPs about the process and Progress of the scheme and have conducted sensitization in all districts.
However, there is need of cooperation from the field for smooth implementation of the scheme at grass-root level and requirement of Logistics by Model HSS for on spot sensitization.
Last date for Nomination of the same by DST has been fixed 28th of Feb., 2017
|ACCOUNTABILITY OF HEAD OF THE INSTITUTIONS|
In order to achieve 100% target;
- The Head of the Institutions (Principals of HSS, Headmasters of HS) will be required to take the full responsibility of ensuring that required nominations are in place,
- Principal DIETs apart from orientation will be required to monitor throughout the registration process to ensure that the head of the institutions are carrying out the task.
- The APRs of the Head of the Institutions will categorically carry the remarks pertaining to the above task.
Website Designed, Developed and Hosted by National Informatics Centre, Jammu & Kashmir.
Contents on this website provided and maintained by Directorate of School Education Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir